Omega action probl m

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Received McGowen 45 cal barrel from Woodman, outstanding job ,the finish, the brake and rods. My problem is when putting action on barrel the two pins push right through. Bigger one wil be held in by stock, but the smaller pin when the action is open I can push it out, I would lose in the woods, the stock barrel has set screws that threads into the action holding the pins in place. MCT Gowen doesn’t have the set screws. The pins are very hard. Anybody run into this and how did you fix it?? Or am I missing something?

I’ve put several together. Sounds like the issue is with the action itself and not the barrel? There were several variations of the Omega action/parts/pins made over the years. (All are basically interchangeable.)

A pic or two may help. You’re talking about the smaller pin on the front of the trigger guard? Are those pins knurled on one end?

My gun is earlier with set screws, so I need later version pins. The small one in trigger is the one. We’re can I purchase the knurled pins? I know no problem with barrel. It’s an awesome looking precision barrel, great quality. Thanks. My original barrel is stainless with fluting and has the word OMEGA pretty big it has never been shot a older man won it years ago, I bought it from him $300.

Back