Cap prices

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
What the heck! I just paid $6 for a tin of <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> caps.

It was a few months ago, but Green Mountain Guns had caps for $4.95 a tin of 100. Of course, it could have risen in price since then.
Ron

$6 here for Remmy and CCI. Double that for RWS. The new Rem <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> don't have the old foil liner like the old ones did either.

Bought a big bunch of Remington caps for $2.99 several years ago. But they're too long for the capper. For hunting i bought some CCI caps for $4.99.

Several years ago I bought 1000 CCI caps and still have at least 900 left.  The price was good, too.  I don't shoot percussion much, just mostly flint.  My supply should then last a good, long while.

I have over 8,000 caps on hand. And no, I don't understand how they can justify $4 a can much less $6 a can. When I started BP back in the mid 90's they were a buck a tin.

FrontierGander said:
What the heck! I just paid $6 for a tin of <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> caps.
Frontier Gander
What the heck you complainin' about? :?: When I bought caps for my Doc.s Hawken TWO years ago, I paid ( HE paid) $9.00 buck for a hundred Remington <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a>'s and that was TWO years ago at Wally World!!! :evil:
Stoney

I already had almost a couple hundred 6-wing musket caps left over from decades ago when I had a .58 zouave.  I was gifted a couple hundred more a few years ago.  I bought a US M1841 .54 over 15 years ago and really like shooting that nice rifle.  While I don't shoot it a lot, I do take it out from time to time and have killed deer with it.  

I only have two working caplocks in my stable; a .45 halfstock built by Mike Lange and the previously mentioned Mississippi rifle.  There is one other, but it needs a good tg spring that will also return the trigger back to battery.  This is an H&A .45 Heritage model underhammer that I bought in the mid 1960s and still have.  The gain twist bore makes this one of the most accurate rifles I've ever fired; and that bore is still pristine.  I can't get rid of it because of its considerable legacy and sentimental attachment.  This H&A, my first muzzleloader, has taken bobcats, deer and squirrels.

shopping

shopping

shopping

$44.00 per 1000 Midway  / $44.00 per 1000 Brownells  / $6.00  per 100 Gander 
Mountain

$0.04 to $0.06 per shot, the more you buy the cheaper it gets.​

edmehlig said:
I know the last time I bought a container of 200 RWS Musket Caps, it cost me $20.
Yep, they are $9.99 per hundred here

Hylander said:
edmehlig said:
I know the last time I bought a container of 200 RWS Musket Caps, it cost me $20.
Yep, they are $9.99 per hundred here
 That's what I pay online. Sometimes my local gun shop gets them and sells them for $7.50. I stock up when he has them.

I just bought some CCI <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> yesterday at our local North40 for $3.69 before tax.

caps

Mark/wi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  I also bought 1000 <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a> caps from midway, nice deal. But did you know the True Value Hardware in Burlington stocks goex black? I picked up 4# this spring on a trip to Kenosha, at $22 and change each pretty close to the powder suppliers given the hazmat and shipping.
coupe

Latest posts

Back