bushnell banner scope on 50 cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgc1

Reaction score
If I put will a bushnell banner scope on a 50 cal. muzzleloader will it hold up to the the recoil if the gun is shot a lot?

I have a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 1.5x4.5x32mm on a T/C Black Diamond XR and it has never budged in several years of service. A great scope on that rifle.

Should have no problem at all. Had one on a ML and have same scope but Trophy series on a shotgun now. My friend has had my banner on his ML for close to 10 years now without issues.

Not to be a "Debbie-Downer"....but I've had 2 on my Whites that puked. Save yer pennies and buy a decent scope.

I am a huge Bushnell fan, I love the elite series and raingaurd is awesome. Having said that I killed a banner 6-18x50 on my 22-250 prairie dog gun. After about 400 round it was almost unusable it was so blurry. Take a look at the trophy series they are a better scope and still very affordable or the new ultra legend HD series looks promising and it has raingaurd.

03mossy said:
I am a huge Bushnell fan, I love the elite series and raingaurd is awesome. Having said that I killed a banner 6-18x50 on my 22-250 prairie dog gun. After about 400 round it was almost unusable it was so blurry. Take a look at the trophy series they are a better scope and still very affordable or the new ultra legend HD series looks promising and it has raingaurd.

Only problems I ever had with the Baners and Trophys is they fog up in damp weather (rain-snow) I have 4 Elite 3200's and 1 Elite 4200. Never had a single issue as of yet. I actually like them better than my Nikons.

Without brand bashing its been my experience that the banner scopes do not hold up well to heavy recoiling rifles. There are much better alternatives in the price class.

I would agree, there are many better options than a banner. Its not a high quality scope, so just don't expect alot out of it. It could last and work well, it could take a dump quick.

Back