Breech plug thread

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anbody know the diameter and TPI for the omega BP. I'm thinking when I get it back home I'm going to soak the bore in either kerosene or Evaporust.
I know with the latter I have to be careful not to get it on the bluing.
I'd like to buy a bolt and teflon tape it to plug up the breech end.
I guess I can always put a toothpick into the flash hole too but a bolt would be better.

I believe its 11/16"-20 from what I could search out. I emailed Jeff at Hankins and wsiting for a reply. I also ordered 2 plugs from him.
The OEM plug in it looks pretty rough so maybe I'll just plug up the flash hole.

I believe its 11/16"-20 from what I could search out. I emailed Jeff at Hankins and wsiting for a reply. I also ordered 2 plugs from him.
The OEM plug in it looks pretty rough so maybe I'll just plug up the flash hole.
Or maybe, if you have some, wrap some Teflon Tape around the breech plug. Covering the flash hole. Lightly screw the plug back in, to plug the breech. Then you could fill the barrel with solvent to help you get it cleaned up. Then after cleaning the barrel, get yourself a Woodman adjustable breech plug, as El Diablo said above. Believe me they are worth it. I have one in my .50 Cal. Encore & they work Great, no more blow back! Just a Suggestion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back