Bored already

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well only in Florida for a couple days and I've already got gun withdrawl! I do have chores to do but I need to wrap my hands around a muzzy and fondle it for a while. I may just start visiting the local pawn shops and look around. Maybe I can find an old sidelock that needs some TLC like reblueing and stock refinishing. That should keep me busy for a couple weeks.

Great idea. I see lots of good deals on GB and Armslist, in FL. I always try to find little gun stores or gunsmiths when i travel. Theres almost always some overlooked gem in the small gunsmith shops.
For some reason i keep seeing low priced Ruger Old Armies for sale in Florida(that wont ship).

many of the Florida WMAs have small game season running and hogs are legal

use the wma finder to find one close to you
Yep, I like that idea.

As a kid, I lived in the Ft. Lauderdale area. 8-12 years old. My friend Harry and I would find a way to the beach (Harry and I were hard to keep track of) and go snorkeling for the day. A mask, fins, and snorkel is all that's needed. We spent hours and eventually got into spear fishing. The view is beautiful and the fish tasty. It requires little effort as you are laying face down in the water breathing through the snorkel. We didn't know about sharks and such. I did have a school of barracuda (probably several hundred) give me the stink eye for a few minutes and eventually moved on. If you like swimming at all give it a try. Its hunting in a different way.

Well only in Florida for a couple days and I've already got gun withdrawl! I do have chores to do but I need to wrap my hands around a muzzy and fondle it for a while. I may just start visiting the local pawn shops and look around. Maybe I can find an old sidelock that needs some TLC like reblueing and stock refinishing. That should keep me busy for a couple weeks.
There's always snake hunting

Yep, I like that idea.

As a kid, I lived in the Ft. Lauderdale area. 8-12 years old. The view is beautiful ....
I worked in Ft Lauderdale for a couple years and would occasionally go to the beach and sit on the wall and eat my lunch. During spring break and in the summer I can attest to the beautiful views if you catch my drift!

I worked in Ft Lauderdale for a couple years and would occasionally go to the beach and sit on the wall and eat my lunch. During spring break and in the summer I can attest to the beautiful views if you catch my drift!
When I went through the Army's Ranger School about half of it was conducted at Florida's Eglin Air Force Base. Beach operations were one of the last segments of the school, and our final exercise was carrying out an amphibious special operations landing at Fort Walton Beach. By that time the 40% of us who hadn't washed out of Ranger Class 2-77 had all lost 40 - 50 lbs (during field patrols that lasted for up to 2 weeks at a time, we were given 1 C-Ration a day, which is one very sparse meal for a 20 year-old), had shaved heads, and were covered with bug bites, chiggers, cuts, and scratches from living in the mangrove swamps 24-7 for three weeks. For the last ten weeks, none of us had gotten more than 4 hours of sleep in any 24 hour period, and we were literally reeling from exhaustion from carrying packs and weapons 24-7. No words adequately describe how weird it felt to paddle up to the beach in 10 man rubber rafts, wearing full camouflage paint, and then storm ashore with our packs and machine guns and set up a defense perimeter while a crowd of college girls in bikinis watched us from 20 yards away. None of us had seen any woman in over two months, and under the stress of prolonged sleep deprivation, physical exhaustion, slow starvation, and the stresses of planning and executing continuous special forces operations, most of us were so obsessed with food and sleep, in that order, that we'd completely forgotten that women even existed.

Last edited:
Back