Bobcat in Auction

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently seen a cva “lone wolf” on gb with a penny start bid.. I think they were made either before or after the bobcat..it got up over 100$ pretty quick.

Edit..it is still there now 160$ 😳.. but what really got my attention was a cva Kodiak for 99$ and no bids and less than 2 days left..could be a good snag for someone here I know there was a guy looking for one a few weeks ago

My mom bought me a Bobcat from Walmart for Christmas a few years after they came out for $60 on clearance If remember correctly and yes it shoots extremely accurate. I can across another one a few years ago in a pawn shop and picked it up also.

I have two of them I got off G.B. and they are nice shooters I've taken a few deer with them one is scoped and the other is not. I took the locks apart and smoothed everything up and I mean everything including the lock plate now they are smooth as they can be.
I paid like 80 dollars for one and 125 or 150 for the other one. And I changed them over to a musket nipples and hammer for better ignition.

Good for you! We all know you wanted it.

Had my "i'll take it" message typed up for a few hours, talked to @Ninering62 about it on the phone, was hoping someone would save me from myself... No such luck :)

So now I'm thinking of either selling off my .54, or maybe having it drilled out to be a smooth bore, or maybe cutting one of them down into a pistol or SBR like thing (yay no NFA with front stuffers!), etc.

Had my "i'll take it" message typed up for a few hours, talked to @Ninering62 about it on the phone, was hoping someone would save me from myself... No such luck :)

So now I'm thinking of either selling off my .54, or maybe having it drilled out to be a smooth bore, or maybe cutting one of them down into a pistol or SBR like thing (yay no NFA with front stuffers!), etc.
Hi, I'm Ninering & I'm an Enabler

I have 2 vintage CVA Mountain Stalkers. They're basically the same as the Bobcat but with wood stocks.
1/48 twist, 26 inch barrel. They shoot great with a simple prb or with my favorite Hornady PA conicals.
Deercreek Products has a factory camo stock for the Bobcat for around 50 bucks, if you wanted to dress it up if you buy it.

Back