....... BLOOD PUMPING AGAIN ............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
8) 

Adrenaline started to flow thru the old veins again today. Today I bought my 2017 hunting license and habitat stamp. That means the season is coming and slowly I'll be getting all my ducks in a row. Spoke to the manager of the INN where I stay and she explained that I will have no trouble getting a room for the season. I'm first on the list for a room in Nov/Dec.
Next step is applying for my DEER PERMITS, Tags. Can't do that until March 14th and then the waiting game starts. Won't get results until June or so. IL is as corrupt as it gets but it takes care of it's residents with getting their tags first before it goes to the non resident lottery. No points necessary either.
Archery tags are good thru out the state but fire arm tags are a little different. You have to apply for the tags for the county your going to hunt and that's the only county you can hunt until the left over tags go OTC. Each county has so many either sex and antler less tags to issue out. ( Believe me they never run out. There's always enough tags for the residents and most of the time enough for the non residents). After the 2 lotteries, residents and non residents, what ever tags are left are sold OTC. That's when you can buy a tag for another county.
Archery tags are good from Oct 1 thru the middle of Jan. Firearm season is only 16 days long and it's broken up into 5 week ends starting the weekend before Thanksgiving and ends up in Jan.
Shoot straight everyone. You want to make the killing shot. We owe it to the critters. Good hunting.......

Ray................. :thumbs up:

I bought my Resident Sporting (Hunting/Fishing) license yesterday.  It cost me $58 which includes my Primitive Firearms Permit, Archery Permit and an antlerless Lottery application (Zone specific) to be drawn in the summer.  

The fishing component of my license will hold me over until October hunting.  Getting ready now for lake trout fishing in April. :bounce:

Marty, you get a lot for your buck. I have to pay roughly $75.00 for 3 FIREARM TAGS and then additional $45.00 or so for Archery Tags.

Ray................ :scratch:

Yep...good deal for MA residents. 
It does not include Bear or Turkey Permits or a Lottery Doe Tag win, but each of those is only another $5.00 each.

Latest posts

Back