At a Loss…Browning Maxus II Slug Gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All,

I’m in need of some help. I recently bought the subject-titled firearm, and while trying to mount scope/rings on the cantilever (Weaver-style) base, I’m having issues. I attempted to mount the scope I have using Warne Maxima QD (30mm) scope rings, and after tightening down the levers on the rings, the scope and rings move in the mount.

The movement is not the scope in the rings, nor is it the cantilever base on on the barrel. The movement is the rings moving in the mount. Thinking that the rings might be out of tolerance, and in the interest of time, I ordered another pair thinking I would just deal with Warne later on the first pair. Well, I received the new pair today, and I am having the same issue. I’m at a loss, and, yes, I did put forward pressure on the rings while tightening the levers on the rings.

I would greatly appreciate any of your thoughts on what is happening here. I’m not new to this, and I just thought it wise to consult the community.

Thank you,
P

Years ago Weaver had the same issue. So I would check those specs. You might want to see if the rings are for Weaver mount or a Picatinny rail some interchange some do not.

Years ago Weaver had the same issue. So I would check those specs. You might want to see if the rings are for Weaver mount or a Picatinny rail some interchange some do not.
Thank you. Based on your suggestion, I double-checked the model number and Warne website. The 214 LM I have is for the Weaver base. Thank you again, I appreciate it.

Just to follow up, I replaced the Warne rings with Leupold QRW2 rings, and it worked like a charm. This is the only time I’ve ever had Warne rings not be a first time go.

Back