Anyone Ever?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever toyed with putting a T/C Hawken tang and barrel into a Renegade stock. I know the Hawken is 15/16" (except for the .54) and the Renegade is 1" across the flats. But I'm thinking that it might work if you bed the tang area and barrel channel in the stock. The difference of 1/32" per side and on bottom doesn't seem like such a big deal to get around. Let me know.

Works fine. I have (2) Renegade stocks with 15/16'' Green Mountain Barrels. I used JB Weld to bed them.
Some guys will even use duct tape to bed and fill the void.
Thanks Jack...That's what I figured. I'm sure the duct tape would work and an easy method but I'd probably be like you and use some type of bedding material.

Works fine. I have (2) Renegade stocks with 15/16'' Green Mountain Barrels. I used JB Weld to bed them.
Some guys will even use duct tape to bed and fill the void.

Not sure about duct tape, but I've used aluminum tape to bed a 10/22 receiver and provide support around the v-block and first few inches of barrel.

Depending on what your stock is made of and your skill level, I'd also consider bedding in a metal strip to rest it on and deal with the 1/32 you need on the bottom side....

Back