ANOTHER NEW SCOPE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANOTHER NEW SCOPE

I know the question was asked to compare to the VX2 - how does the glass compare to the VX-R's you have?  Or is the bar set at the Zeiss?

Remi said:
I know the question was asked to compare to the VX2 - how does the glass compare to the VX-R's you have?  Or is the bar set at the Zeiss?
When I was fortunate enough to step up to the VXR series, yes it was a very definite upgrade in glass, but to be fair you're also talking about a substantial increase in cost.

If you want incredible glass for your dollar, look into the Vortex Crossfire 2, Diamondback HP, or the Viper

If money isn't a factor, go with the VXR

Greg

The new vx-3i has pretty good glass and you can find some good deals on the vx-3 now that they are being replaced with the 3i.

I have 2 Vortex Viper HS2.5-10x44 scopes and will say they are awesome scopes, very sharp and clear and really like the versatility of the zoom range.  I was curious how that Bushnell looks in comparison b/c I think they offer a lighted reticle and I really like the firedot reticle that the VX-R offers - otherwise I have no complaints with what I have.

Remi said:
I have 2 Vortex Viper HS2.5-10x44 scopes and will say they are awesome scopes, very sharp and clear and really like the versatility of the zoom range.  I was curious how that Bushnell looks in comparison b/c I think they offer a lighted reticle and I really like the firedot reticle that the VX-R offers - otherwise I have no complaints with what I have.
That particular scope is one of my favorites. I wish they overed a firedot style reticle on it though. They have it on other scopes but not that one :(

Greg

Latest posts

Back