An AHHHHH Moment

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I have been here a while and I should have figured this out well before now.
Let me get this straight.

While I buy 10 and 12 packs of expensive,designer bullets, you guys buy just the bulletts and then buy the sabot of your choice to go with the bullett?

Ignorance is bliss :D

Sabotloader and I have traded some bulletts and stuff back and forth and I should have figured it out then as ther were no designer bulletts in the box.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but even I can get a razor edge with enough time.

Its actually worse than that for some of us. For instance any particular gun will shoot best with a certain thickness of sabot+ the fact that certain bullets like the 250 SW will shoot much better with a certain length of sabot. I just learned the other day that if I take finger nail clippers and clip a certain sabot shorter than any on the market I can make the 240 gr XTP .452 which has never shot well in a certain group of guns hold a minute of angle. This introduces an other variable. Lee

dont hold back lee .let us in on your little secret.lol i shoot 240 xtps and black mmp.ps thanks for your help with 777. jdj

Back