A Good Range Day.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Cur Dog, what size is the barrel in your elite. Mine is on the tight side. About .498 Did you have any trouble getting the sabots down your barrel and if so which loaded the easiest.

Hey HrnHuntR,

Other than it being a .50 cal I do not know. Everything loaded pretty easy that I listed above. I used a short starter with everthing. Also as mentioned above everything was on a very clean barrel. The easiest were the Powerbelts, Deadcenter, and Mark's Mag Tips in that order. I was using the regular MMP sabots and the HPH-24's.

Last year I used a buddy's Encore for a hunt. Killed 2 WT does and a nice Axis buck. That thing was a bear to load. The Knight Elite is nothing like that. I was afraid that if I had to make a follow up shot I would break the ram rod. Glad I did not have too.

What's shootin good for you out of your Elite? Next range session I will be shootin Barnes and some A-frames.

So many bullets, so little time! :)

Still haven't been to the range with it. I recently bought it and still in the process of deciding on what scope to buy. From what I'm reading on this forum its going to be hard to beat barnes bullets. I believe I'll also try shockwaves and probably hornady xtp's.

I have used 2 50 T7 pellets and 100 loose. The pellets were good but the loose was better. I shot all 13 groups using the same 100 loose charge of T7. Once I narrow the bullets down to a few I will start working up loads in steps of 5.

What about you?

I have been weighting my charges.

I use only loose T7, and found 83.8 grains works best with my Elite.

This is close to 110gr by Volume.

Back