700 ml conversion - Pictures Included

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the email derf, I sent a reply. Just email me if you would, I'm not getting ANY PM's.

Thanks,

Don

ratsnakeboogy, did you ever purchase the conversion? I am 150% happy that I did so.

I sent payment on Friday, I will update when I get it installed. The only thing that sucks is if it is as good as everyone says, I'll have to buy two more. :shock:

ratsnakeboogy said:
I sent payment on Friday, I will update when I get it installed. The only thing that sucks is if it is as good as everyone says, I'll have to buy two more. :shock:

I have no reason to lie, so believe me when I say- it's that good.

Well, just got installed. Very nice piece of engineering actually. I have not shot it yet, but I'm extremely satisfied with the fit and finish.

Thoughts:

1. Kit came with everything but a replacement roll pin for the bolt, not a big deal I managed not to lose the one I punched out.

2. The new nose was a very tight fit, I didn't have use of a vise, so I had to use a nylon head hammer. It took a lot of force to drive it on, the next one I do I will wait 'till I can use the vise.

3. Take your time drilling the dang hole out for the roll pin, I snapped the bit. It grabbed as I was almost through, I should have drilled half way then started from the other side. I had another bit of the same size, so no worries.

4. The nose I got has a recess "channel" where the firing pin comes through, it's not the same as fishhawks pictures. This proved hard to get a measurement of the amount of protrusion from the face of the bolt. I did the best I could, I believe it is right.

Other than that, it's very cool. I will be ordering 3 more over the next few months.

Thanks Fred!!!!

So are these kits still available? I have always wanted to do the mod just thought about it again.
How do I purchase?

Brad

Yes these kits are still available.
The price is 108.00 shipped or 133.00 installed.
If you need more information you can PM me or call (740)350-8633.
To order send a money order to:
Fred Arnold
131 Rauch Drive
Marieta, OH 45750

Back