700 ml conversion - Pictures Included

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I get this conversion for my Remington M/L :?:

Keep getting some Error on the PM :(

Send me an email at jcpappy @ comcast . net :prayer:

c1c9

He will get your PM - the error is results of not being able to send him an email telling him that he has a PM...

c1c9, I have not been able to hit the range yet, but I can tell you that I am 150% ecstatic with the mod. It looks great, and it is a joy to slide a primer onto the front of the bolt and "chamber" the primer in the breechplug.

Once you contact derfhunter, don't delay. Just order one ASAP. You won't be sorry.

Still haven't gotten out to shoot the #@^&* thing....but I did restock it!

Rem700MLSlaminatedstock001.jpg

Rem700MLSlaminatedstock003.jpg

I finished the bedding this afternoon. All I need to do now is create a slot for the ramrod and it's ready to make smoke!

Well, this year has had its share of ups and downs after fracturing my left arm in an auto accident. I was finally able to bowhunt by early November and was able to arrow two does within 45 minutes of each other, but I did miss a real nice eight pointer with the Rem 700 in October as I was still in a wrist brace. After that I haven't had the opportunity to put the crosshairs on anything until .....

I went out yesterday afternoon with the Rem 700, really looking for a meat doe. At about 4:00 PM, I saw a deer poke its head out of some thick brush and walk out onto the opposite bank of Bynum Run (a run is a creek in Mid-Atlantic states). As it came down the bank, I noticed it was limping...badly. To the point that I was pretty sure its right front leg was broken.

It walked out onto the bank and turned downstream (of course, I was upstream). It was a heavy-bodied four point with a 10" inside spread. It stopped a few feet down the bank and then turned, giving me a slightly quartering-away shot at 70-75 yards. The vitals were pretty much screened out by twigs and brush, but I had a 4" hole that was clear, and knowing how accurate this rifle is when I can hold it steady, I took the shot. The bullet hit about 1/2" from my aiming point and he dropped and never got up.

When I got to him, his right front leg was definitely broken, and he had some big scar on his leg that was down to the hide. I don't know if he was previously shot, injured in a fight with another buck, fell down a cliff, etc. But he was definitely hurting. Now he's in the freezer after a brutal drag-out.

2010BPBuck002.jpg

So, while he's not that big in the rack, I'm a happy guy. I thought for a while my entire 2010 hunting season was shot. Instead I upgraded my Remington with this absolutely fantastic 209 conversion, restocked it on a gorgeous wood laminate stock and had an opportunity to take out a wounded buck before a harsh winter possibly ended his life before my bullet could do so.

Congrats & great job on "gettin' 'er done" on that wounded buck. BTW that's a real good looking rifle too.

Be blessed.

Thank you for doing the RIGHT thing. Proper game management is our main responsibility as hunters even if it cost us a tag.

We manage our own area and it is our rule you MUST take a wounded deer if you see one. Usually someone in the group will tag it even though its a no no in Missouri to pool tags. We manage over 1000 acres and IMO we know what is best for our hunting area.

Enjoy the harvest. :yeah:

Was cleaning out my ML gear and noticed that I have a one piece breach plug for a remington 700 ML. It was made to go with the Canadian conversion that Cabelas sold. I will post in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

369-700ml_bp.jpg

Can someone please advise who the current contact person is for the Rem. 700 conversion that is being discussed in this message topic? I have a .50 cal. that has a 209 conversion but it has the slotted primer holder and is very dirty after shooting. I'm not sure if my 209 conversion is the Cabelas model or the Canadian conversion. Thanks..

Fordriver said:
Can someone please advise who the current contact person is for the Rem. 700 conversion that is being discussed in this message topic? I have a .50 cal. that has a 209 conversion but it has the slotted primer holder and is very dirty after shooting. I'm not sure if my 209 conversion is the Cabelas model or the Canadian conversion. Thanks..

It sounds like you have the original Remington conversion, neither of the conversions you listed. The Remington conversion is exremely dirty.

PM derfhunter to get informaton about his conversion.

Couple of questions.

Ok, do I have to first puchase the factory 209 conversion to use this conversion, and is there any difference in the conversion for .45 and .50 caliber 700ML?

Thanks,

Don

Latest posts

Back