.45 Cal Green Mountain LRH (Jacketed Sabotless Test)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
Been wanting to try these for awhile, i wanted the 250s but they weren’t available on the Shelf and i was impatient about ordering them, So i went with the little 200s and decided to put them through my 1:30 Twist Green Mountain LRH Barrel in a TC Hawken Stock, I have shot the DAYLIGHTS out of this Barrel, She’s been very good to me :Red tup:  Today’s performance was definitely not it’s Best, But you can see the Potential in this Combo, This is the VERY FIRST time out with this Bullet, Powder Charge, Wad type etc. ZERO Load development, I picked this in my head and went with it. When you have Shot these things as much as i have, you have a pretty good idea what’s gonna work, and what probably won’t

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5b43KvHHRIc" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

jX9eCx0m.jpg

[font=Verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]250 in the middle, 200s on each side[/font]
[font=Verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
t1reDz4m.jpg

[/font]

It is an Odd Group? 2 in the Same hole on the bottom, and 2 in the Same on Top, I had to of slightly changed my Sight picture somehow? This was Shooting over the Hood of My Truck, FAR from ideal conditions. I have no doubt I could shoot this Bullet in a Ragged Hole from my Bench where i am ROCK SOLID. This would make a DEADLY Bullet for Deer. and with it being just 200 Grains it is a PURE Pleasure to Shoot, Recoil is VERY Mild. Great Bullet for Recoil Sensitive Folks, Women, and Youth. I am looking forward to playing with the 250s, Their designation is the .450 Bushmaster. The little 200s i just Shot this morning are geared toward the .454 Casull, .460 S&W

3fiXGFml.jpg

Nice range report and great job in recovering the bullets  :ttups:
195-200 grainers are my .45 favorite weights for whitetails.

Lewis after reading this thread I took some of my 300 gr Sierra SP out that were supposed to be .4515" but they pretty much fell down the bore or my GM LRH 1:30 .45 cal. I still managed to get a 1 5/8" five shot group at 50 yards. But I had the post insert in my globe sight which I prefer for hunting. I replaced it today with a crosshair insert for a finer aim.
I also have several boxes of 300 gr T/C Shockwaves with black sabots for my .50 cal. I took one and checked it and it was too big to start in my bore. I ran one through my .451" sizer and checked it again and it went in with just a bit of resistance. So I ran a few more in and I'm going to try them next time out. I have a hunch they will shoot really good.

Regarding those loose fitting 300's, I've tightened-up loose fitting .45 cal. 275 grainers by knurling (rolling) then on a large toothed wood file.

Latest posts

Back