209A primers and where to find

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Reaction score
In search of 209A primers either in CCI or Federal but unable to find anywhere. Can someone help?
Thanks in advance

Equivalent to Cheddite or equivalent to Fed/CCI?

Assuming you mean output and not dimensions, heres some 209 data.

View attachment 36033
View attachment 36032
Interesting charts. Thanks for posting.
I mostly use CCI Mag and Fed 209A's, but also used Rem STS and Fiocchi Standards in the past without any issues. I believe dirty flash channels and flash holes are the underlying cause of most mis-fires.

In search of 209A primers either in CCI or Federal but unable to find anywhere. Can someone help?
Thanks in advance
I am a new muzzleloader shooter and was looking for hundred packs, could hardly find any, only larger quantities. Mentioned it to 2 of buddy's and turns out they reload shot shells, they gave me two 100 packs...no charge, cheddites and federals...

Equivalent to Cheddite or equivalent to Fed/CCI?

Assuming you mean output and not dimensions, heres some 209 data.

View attachment 36033
View attachment 36032

Edit: Note that this is shotshell data but gives you an idea of the relative strength of primers.
That was great to learn. TY for posting it.
Thats one thing that I will change now in my shooting. I usually grab whatever pk is closest in the plastic box all that kinda stuff is in for gen storage. I had pks of old primers that were several diff kinda consolidated from other boxes I guess. I've never kept record of what primer I use or any variances between them in my shooting log. I will change that practice now.

Back