TC mag Express/50 cal/240 grn W XTP Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I picked up two 30 count box's of them
50 cal/240grn with XTP bullet
They have black sabots supplied but the guy threw in 2 box's of TC Superglide sabots(yellow) 50 count each.
So I got 60 bullets and 100 sabots for $20.00

Have yall shot these bulletts?
How did the preform?
And any load data you may have would be appreciated.
I'll shoot these out of my Optima

Nothing as "Ole' Reliable" ML bullet as the Hornady XTP bullet.

Chocdog

I use them, they work really good! I'm loading them with 100grn(by Vol.) of Pyrodex RS.

Perry

Nice score on the bullets saxman. I am shooting them out of my Omega as well with 90gr. of BH powder. I am new at this, so I haven't had a chance to connect on a deer yet. From what I have read they should do very well. Sorry I have no other load data for you, some of the ML junkies :lol: should be able to help out . zman

I think lots of us "grew up" on the 240-300gr XTP sabots. I still have a old red plastic box i use just for storage.

And still a great value today compared to the others. On sale they are close to loose bullet pricing.

xtp

so fat iy's all I'm shooting out of my Pro Hunter. Was using the 200 grain now using the 300 grain. I also am shooting the MAG bullet a little harder and i shoot em' all at 110 grains of BH209.

If it ever gets out of the low 20's around here I would go try them at the range.
DANG IT's COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gone hunting a couple times,I think the deer have just laid down till it warms up.
I'll try again this afternoon

shootin

Heck Sax, I just put away my shorts up here in Columbus Ohio. This is huntin' weather my friend!

The .452 300 grain XTP shoots greta in my Accura with 100 grains of loose T7.

Im hoping to baptize the combination on a deer this weekend.

saxman1 said:
If it ever gets out of the low 20's around here I would go try them at the range.
DANG IT's COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gone hunting a couple times,I think the deer have just laid down till it warms up.
I'll try again this afternoon

That's a heat wave for here right now yesterdays high was 16 but the wind was whistling and the wind chill was -5 Would love to see it get that warm again.

DC

Before my transplant I handled cold real well and dreamed of a Canadian Whitetail hunt,but now after,I don't do well with the cold and I dream of a South Texas Whitetail hunt.
Whatever gets it done.

Back