Woodman patriot 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poleaxed1754

Reaction score
Hey guys new guy here I am in the process of ordering a patriot 45 to shoot the fury 225 black tip with a harvester sabot.

I have a few different powders and have looked at the woodman load data.

Has anyone used n110 in these guns? I have just a bit of n120 left and was looking to switch to something else.

Over 2200fps should be no problem
B2txO55.png

If you can find imr4198 57 grains is pretty easy on the light blue and the load shoots in every 20 twist or 18 that I put it in if you go much over 57 you will need to add a wad,,, I was shooting a 50 cal smokeless a couple of days ago with the old cans of Sr 4759 I started out with 38 grains the old book loads I could find on the Savage rifles 50 cal are around 43 or 44,, 38 grains was frying the bottom of the sabot,,, from what I understand n110 has a similar affect ,,a wad should be added. The recoil was so much easier than the 4198 loads I've got to go back and experiment more I just got a 8 lb jug of n110 and I have about 28 lb of the old sr4759 trying to Branch out a little bit and get away from my law of science muzzleloading load

I really think the 225 Fury and the 200 SST and the other bullets that are around that way are perfect for the Patriot it's such a lightweight quick handling rifle to me the load should balance with that aspect and I think in 110 is a great powder for that balance

N110 is very temp stable too and easy to ignite. Adding a wad under the sabot for some people has helped. Also with N110, after about 24" of barrel you wont gain much more speed from it. My NULA 50cal 26" vs the same standard 24" had no velocity gain at all.

I was shooting a 50 cal smokeless a couple of days ago with the old cans of Sr 4759
The old stuff was hotter than the SR4759 in a bottle. The bottle stuff is excellent in 45s but long gone. Over 2300fps is easy with 4759 and its more bulky too. IIRC i got as high as 39gr of 4759 in the plastic bottle with a 200gr SST without any sabot issues. Thats close to 2400fps.

N110 is very temp stable too and easy to ignite. Adding a wad under the sabot for some people has helped. Also with N110, after about 24" of barrel you wont gain much more speed from it. My NULA 50cal 26" vs the same standard 24" had no velocity gain at all.
Thanks, thats interesting to learn.

I know I'm kind of setting on a powder we can't get anymore goldmine,, I will get into that powder a lot more I don't shoot a lot of light bullets 250-275 and I know it's better with light bullets the 38 grain load with a 250 grain Shockwave felt like shooting a 70 grain 243 Centerfire it was so light in the recoil Department I enjoyed shooting it, now that is a heavy barrel with a muzzle brake also so the recoil was nothing.

N110 can work for sabot loads but you will want to reduce the load a great deal vs N120. No more than 35gr before its rough on sabots.
True. I've went up to 38gr with lighter bullets with a wad between powder and sabot.

Hey guys new guy here I am in the process of ordering a patriot 45 to shoot the fury 225 black tip with a harvester sabot.

I have a few different powders and have looked at the woodman load data.

Has anyone used n110 in these guns? I have just a bit of n120 left and was looking to switch to something else.
N110 and 225gr or less bullets is what I would shoot in that lightweight gun.

Latest posts

Back