WHO IS LYING?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerjackie

Reaction score
A piece of big diesel powered equipment gets used by 3 different people 24 hrs a day.4 hrs into the 3rd shift the operator brings it to another workers attention that it has been damaged to the tune of 500 bucks. 2nd and 3rd shift swap out at 10 pm so its outside and not daylight.no one will come forward with the truth to the boss and its causing a lot of dis-trust amoung co-workers as to who can be trusted.the equipment is used away from other workers for periods at a time so damage could be done without a witness.which operator is responsible? 1st shift 6am-2pm? 2nd shift 2pm-10pm? 10 pm-6am? this is not a game or a joke! give me your opinion please.thanks

3rd shift did it. if its dark out and four hours into his shift how else would he know it was damaged unless he was the one who did it. if this equipment is somthing he runs every day then the slightest thing wrong with its functions would have been noticed at the beginning of his shift. if it was just cosmetic then he would have never noticed unless he did it. but who knows. my 2 cents

shift

Makes sense on the 3rd shift, however could the problem have been jury rigged/patched up on 1st or 2nd shift to later fail on anothers shift? I would assume you have to go back through maintenance logs and evaluate all the users and to make sure it was properly maintained.

How often are inspections done by the 3 workers? If they are supposed to be done at each shift, the guy on mids should take the heat. He either did the damage or he did not follow through with the inspection. If inspections are not required at shift change, it could have been done by any of the three. Other than interviewing all of the workers, or having someone fess up, you will not find out. This is why there is distrust by management and rightfully so.

equipment damage

The inspections are a quick visual and thats pretty hard to do behind the shop at 10 pm. it could only be one of three people.the operator that noticed it 4 hrs into his shift works on a joint account down the street and when he gets caught up he helps me at the bigger account.he is a friend of mine and i personally asked him as a friend to fess up and it would be water under the bridge. he said he did not do it and i would be very dissappointed if he lied and it made it look like i was covering it up.my boss of 10 years will not fire someone for making a mistake.he will fire someone for not coming forward with it and distrust building day by day. we all make mistakes,he knows this. I have a feeling something is being covered up but not sure why.I hate to see innocent people fry or someone lose their job over things they could avoid by coming forward with the simple truth.

done deal

Either your boss moves on or fires the lot of them. If I'm afraid to fess up, I'm on the edge anyhow! Good luck

it was very cosmetic as in muffler and support frame re- arranged. pushed foward by a semi trailer they were backing under and missed the kingpin and forgot where the brakes were.almost sure it is a multi party cover up?

Back