White ML rifles (pic HEAVY)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whitetail said:
skullmount,
That is a nice collection, I really like the Boyds Thumbhole. I have a Prototype M98 .410 in a Super Safari stock.
How about showing us all a pic of it ?

Here is a pic of the Proto type .410 M98 in a super Safari stock.

P1060070.JPG

That looks nice. What makes the model 98 super safari different from the model 91 super safari? Does the model 98 have a clerke barrel?
Art
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa

flounder said:
That looks nice. What makes the model 98 super safari different from the model 91 super safari? Does the model 98 have a clerke barrel?
Art

yep, what flounder asked !

The Model 98 has heavier barrel with less of a taper and yes it is a Clerke barrel. The retainer screw for the action is also a knurled knob rather than a knurled screw head. The breech area is also slightly larger a little easier to get into. The M98's also have the large rectanguler recoil block. The production models were produced in .451 and .504. Doc tells me this is the only M98 .410 he knows of. I dont know maybe there are more but this is serial #1. I gotta say it is heavy too I have a early model Super91 blue .410 also and this M98 ways acouple pounds more.

skullmount said:
A friend suggested posting over here since some have been discussing the White muzzleloaders.
A few of these will be sold sometime later this winter/spring, I need the safe room.

I listed a couple of these in the classified section.

Back