Which one would you recommend?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Underclocked said:
I have every confidence the barrel on my Accura is every bit as good as those found on Knights and TCs.

I would go so far as to say the rifling is as good or better than any I have ever seen in a muzzleloader.

Im sure they are better than they used to be. CVA got alot of bad press over the barrel issues (being rated at such a low pressure as to be dangerous and they did it in a misleading fashion).

My disc elite has beautiful rifling as do many other guns out there. Dont get me wrong im not saying CVA hasnt fixed there issues and become a great gun again. I am just partial to knight because I have never had one that ever gave me any issues what so ever and they have all been dead nuts accurate. Heck I even own 2 CVA guns. They are both sidelock guns and they were $99 each and have been great guns over the years.

I don't always agree with Walmart's policies but I've seen their TC Triumph version priced at $327 and $347 (different stores :roll: ). I'm pretty sure it has open sights. I don't own one, but from the comments on here about them I think they would be hard to beat. If you find one and it shoulders well, it gets my vote. Otherwise the Omega gets my vote.

+1 on the TC Triumph. At $327-$350 a good buy. Use BH209 and a SST with a harvester sabot. You will be amazed with the accuracy.

I bought a TC Omega from Sportsman's Warehouse brand new for $350 + tax. It is stainless steel and sits in a brown laminated wood stock.

My next choice would be the TC Triumph from Wal Mart. Hard to pass on a $327 ML that has outstanding reviews and great quality.

I've got a white for sale that you could take the scope off of and it would be a great gun for you.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I don't know what would be best right now. I was out and about yesterday and stopped to shoulder a few guns. The Genesis felt the best and was easiest to line up the sights with, but I would like to think that someday with some practice I could be able to shoot 1 MOA groups, and from what I've heard I don't think the Remington is capable of that. The Acura and Optima both shouldered ok, and I'm sure they would be ok, so they're still definate possibilities. I'm not opposed to sticking with Knight, but I haven't found one that I like without a scope on it yet. I would like to try out the Knight Shadow, but I'm thinking it would probably be the same thing. I would like to try shouldering both an Omega and a Triumph, but I think that I would think that of the two, I would probably end up with an Omega, as I think I've heard a couple other people complain that the Triumph was clearly meant for a scope.

Latest posts

Back