Which Boyds stock?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrycuda

Reaction score
I have been wanting a pepper laminate stock for my Savage 10ML. I am not sure if I want a thumbhole stock or not. Which Boyds stock do I need to be looking at for my Savage? I will be using it mainly for hunting. Any recommendations or info would be helpfull. Thanks, Barry

I think I would skip the Boyds and get a factory Savage thumbhole, it has better lines. The boyds I have seen were kind of clubby.

Rifleman,
Are the 10ML-II thumb hole stocks availble for sale as a aftermarket item yet? and if so where? My guess is if thay are it would be only from Savage at this point. And I second your recammendation as buying the actual Savage stock would give you (as oposed to a Boydes) the advantage of a "drop in" stock needing little or no modification unless you want it beded or a third pillar installed.

I called Savage last week and they said the thumbhole stock would not be available until all the demand is met for the gun. They could not tell me when that might be.

FYI, Boydes now has LAM-T/H stocks in stock and on sale for $157.00 for the 110 that should fit w/some mod the 10ML-II. Thay are advertized at Douges MBs. .

ART338WM said:
FYI, Boydes now has LAM-T/H stocks in stock and on sale for $157.00 for the 110 that should fit w/some mod the 10ML-II. Thay are advertized at Douges MBs. .

The 110 is a long action, the 10II is built on short action (model 10). Model 10FP or 12V are the ones that work the best with the 10II, according to everything I have read.

Back