What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
illinoishunter,wish I could show pictures.I can not figure how to post them.I know how to go phone to phone,but not phone to computer.I do have 2 great looking sml's I would love to show off.One is the Knight Mountaineer I had converted to sml with a 26'' brux barrel ,Next is the Omega sml that I built with Woodman arms barrell.Knighthas a nutmeg Boyds t/h stock and the Omega has a Jarcadar t/h stock from Boyds as well.This a 45 cal also.Just can not get a handle on this computer thing.Sorry.

Click the attach files button hereScreenshot_20240516_121658_Samsung Internet.jpg
You have to take the picture with your phone and this is for doing it on your phone.
Find your picture in your gallery or photos. Click it, then hit add or done. Then it appears down hereScreenshot_20240516_122839_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then you click the insert button I circled. It will pull up full or thumbnail. Click full image and you're done.

I took that TC Impact to the range to make sure the breach block I installed corrected the problem I had with it.The gun functioned as it should.I shot twice and there were 2 holes within 2" of each other.I was adjusting the scope to get it on center when another club member showed up.He asked me what I was shooting and I told him.I also explained to him I was testing it out after swapping out the breach block and that intended on selling it if it corrected the wobbling barrel.He asked me what I wanted for it.I told him and he said it was a fair price and he bought it.I accomplished both my ML's goals today.

illinoishunter,wish I could show pictures.I can not figure how to post them.I know how to go phone to phone,but not phone to computer.I do have 2 great looking sml's I would love to show off.One is the Knight Mountaineer I had converted to sml with a 26'' brux barrel ,Next is the Omega sml that I built with Woodman arms barrell.Knighthas a nutmeg Boyds t/h stock and the Omega has a Jarcadar t/h stock from Boyds as well.This a 45 cal also.Just can not get a handle on this computer thing.Sorry.
Skip the computer and just use ur phone to go on MML. Posting pics is easy..

Finally took the smokeless Encore to the range with my grandson & did some shooting. I think it is totally awesome & addicting. Totally love It & I thank all of the guys that have helped me here on the Forum. When I didn't know squat about smokeless muzzleloading. Thank all of you guys, you are the best!!! Here is a picture of today's target after I got the scope sighted in. Not bad for the first time, but I know I can get it better with a little fine tuning. Thanks again guys.

Attachments

• IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 2
Finally took the smokeless Encore to the range with my grandson & did some shooting. I think it is totally awesome & addicting. Totally love It & I thank all of the guys that have helped me here on the Forum. When I didn't know squat about smokeless muzzleloading. Thank all of you guys, you are the best!!! Here is a picture of today's target after I got the scope sighted in. Not bad for the first time, but I know I can get it better with a little fine tuning. Thanks again guys.
Nice shooting, that’s a great start for sure. It’s wonderful to hear that you did that with your grandson. It was my beloved grandpa that got me into shooting, hunting & fishing. Those memories he will carry all of his days with a smile & a fondness in his heart.

It was my beloved grandpa that got me into shooting, hunting & fishing. Those memories he will carry all of his days with a smile & a fondness in his heart.

The grandson [Josh] is in his thirties now and he gave us our first two great-grands. Special kid for sure and he and I started this outdoors journey a long time ago. His younger brother has been in on this too, but he doesn't have the drive that Josh has. Josh has a nice Bone Collector for a smoker and several other guns that are cartridge feed. He's wanted to pull the trigger on the Patriot and the Optima pistol for a while now and we got that itch scratched for him yesterday. He found out that the Optima pistol has as much oomph as his "Judge" pistol with a 250 grain .454 Casul round. And he found out that the 7 pound Patriot will shove him backwards moreso than his 7mm Mag with a 175 loaded up. He carries the .454 while he's in the bear woods with his bow, so he doesn't shoot it all that much and he shoots a Savage 220 for deer, not his 7mm and he doesn't shoot that all that much either. After taking a couple pokes with both the Optima and the Patriot he said he likes his plinkers better. lol

Thank all of you, guys! This grandson is the son of my Jr that passed away from a rare liver disease. He knew that he wasn't going to make it through & ask me to take care of his boy. at the time my grandson was only 7 yrs. old. I told my son that's a guarantee. We spend a lot of time together & I've taught him hunting, fishing, & about shooting as much as I know. He is now 18 yrs. old and fine young man. He is also a very smart young man, graduated with golden honors & is now attending maritime school in Bronx. NY for mechanical Engineering. I am so proud of him staying out of trouble and going in the right direction. I love him to death! Great boy!

Last edited:
I had a Whitetail barrel, hammer, trigger guard, lever and cap nitrided. Got it all put together today. Looks great and cleans up super easy! Still need to add a ramrod band and bed the action and bases. This is gonna be a sweet little rifle.

I shot three rounds to confirm the bore sight - 85 gr 2F 777/460 NE/wool. Looking good.

IMG_5980.jpeg
IMG_5981.jpeg
IMG_5984.jpeg

Back