Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
How do you guys get your gun ready to shoot after using the bore conditioner. Do you just use dry patches to get most of the oil out or do you use alcohol patches to get all of the oil out. Which method is giving you the best first shot accuracy. I really like this stuff and I'm using it in all of my Muzzleloaders and centerfires.

I use it also,and just run a dry patch a few times before hand.It is good stuff tho...keeps my barrel really clean while shooting,and its easier to load with out patching than it was before.Hell of lot better than the remoil I was using.

Cell

I agree. I really love the stuff. I have been using abour three patches, both sides before shooting. I was just wondering if anyone else was doing something different and getting the first shot to stay in the group.

Ive been reading on another forum.Seems some will swab with their favorite mix,or shoot a few primers off before the first shot.Maybe Ill try it.My poi impact is off a inch or so if I just dry patch it...never bothered me too much.Ill clean it good next time,and see if theres a big difference.

Cell

I had to do some trial and error to get the first shot to stay in the group.
What I ended up doing is wiping out the barrel with my cleaning fluid and using an other patch to dry it then firing two 209 then cleaning it again as I did the first time then firing two more 209.
With my Endeavor and my Triumph this puts the first shot in the group.
My cleaning fluid is a 50/50 mix of #9 and alcohol.

Latest posts

Back