Shot off the new rest!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
I had to drag my other table out to 100 yards because my normal bench is to short ( going to fix that later) and so i shot 3 shots from the Caldwell. The upper 3 shots i used my Sight in clean rest.

I'll take the lead sled :lol: 245gr powerbelt - 100gr bh209
000_0966.jpg

000_0967.jpg

Man... your making a strong case for that new Optima. That's some fine shooting!

The 338gr Platinums shoot good to! Im really liking this rest. We're modding my shooting table here in a bit so i can shoot off something better than a $100 walmart table thats warped to hell :lol:
000_0973.jpg

000_0969.jpg

Will post some more shooting my father did off the rest and with the Optima. He was happy as heck, especially since he never shot the rifle before.

Heres the Accura with open sights. My fault on that lone shot :evil:
000_0970.jpg

My dad shooting his 44 mag ruger super redhawk. Dont use the bag for a revolver! We melted a hole in it. Totally forgot about the gasses that come out of the cylinder.
000_0975.jpg

000_0977.jpg

These were the 245gr powerbelts with 100gr BH209.
000_0978.jpg

We just finished extending my other shooting bench so its good to go now!
Reloading right now and will go back out in about 30 minutes.

When using the sled just make sure the legs are on a smooth suface that allow the sled to free recoil. If it gets caught up on something the shots go everywhere. I learned this last week when my .50 group went to a 6 inch group. Thought the scope was damaged until I shot it off sandbags and the group went back to normal. Mine is the origional Lead Sled, yours looks like a nicer set up.

Back