Utah Muzzleloader season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
Due to the low numbers of deer because of no winter range , they have shortened the general deer gun hunt to 3 days in the North end of the sate . Now all the rifle hunter are buying muzzle loader like crazy . In the past the muzzle loader Elk and deer season"" were "" low key and way less pressure . No longer !!! Also next year they are looking at combing the muzzle loader deer and elk season and making just one hunt for 8 days instead of 8 days for each . Looks like the muzzle loader hunts will no longer be enjoyable here in Utah . IMO .I gave up hunting the general seasons in 1975 , it was just toooo crazy and it looks like the muzzle loader hunts will now be the same . :twisted: I will see how it goes this years and if they change the hunts like they say they want/will do then most likely hang it up , I just don't enjoy hunting with crowds of people . They have RAC meetings to get input on up coming changes but those meeting are just for show , they have there minds made up before the public can comment , it just a dog and pony show , so SOME think they have a say .

http://wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings/next.php

Well it is the same in a lot of States. They hold meetings, hunters give the DNR opinions on deer numbers and how to control the area and they do just what they want. The meeting are only for show. Our DNR allowed and encouraged hunts to shoot a majority of the deer herd off. Now they are upset that the hunters might not buy licenses like they used to.

I have seen our muzzleloader season increase in hunter numbers by leaps and bounds. They found extra days to hunt my picking up a muzzleloader.

i read both of the above postings and was amazed of the simularity between CANADA and the USA ..big game regulations ..we also asked the game commision to stop giving doe taggs by the thousands ..they claimed that we had too many doe's the herd is not balanced not enough bucks ..which is not true ,we also asked them to implement a law only to shoot 6 points and over ..nothing has changed and the deer herd is dropping more every year ..$$$$$$$$$ and greed ..that is what it's all about.. most of the law's are made on the 13th floor by people wearing suits and ties. .

Latest posts

Back