BH209 Clean bore vs. fouled bore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken613

Reaction score
Are any of you experiencing a change in POI with BH209 when comparing shots with a clean bore vs. those with a fouled bore?

Just interested if most people are hunting with a clean barrel or fouled.

Thanks
Ken

ken613 said:
Are any of you experiencing a change in POI with BH209 when comparing shots with a clean bore vs. those with a fouled bore?

Just interested if most people are hunting with a clean barrel or fouled.

Thanks
Ken

I ALWAYS hunt with a fouled bore no matter what the powder. That's the only way to return rifle to the condition it was at the range...

That is necessary with some guns with a few and certain bore conditioners they will stay in the group clean. It really is not a problem if you use BH209 as it is non corrosive, though where I live it is humid so I clean it once a week and give it a light coat of very fine light synthetic oil, weather it needs it or not. Lee

absolutely agree

add one more to concur on the fouled barrel...1st shot is usually about 1.5+ inches away from shots 2-30. haven't gone more than that yet, but wait till spring. :wink:

It can depend on the gun... my Omega, Triumph, and Pro-Hunter all shot a one inch hundred yard group with the first shot being on a clean barrel and the next two fouled. The .45 disc Elite I have will shoot the first clean round about three inches high and one inch to the left... the next three are close to an inch group and perfectly sighted in.

Latest posts

Back