new to muzzleloading , and so far im loveing it

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i went out Sunday at around 2 , seen 15 deer all togther . only one was broadside and for about 5 min , but was on timber ridge ski areas property just barely , so i did not shoot . it was a big doe .all the deer walked out of site , right were i had been siting last year , ugh . am going this after noon with a friend that has harvested more deer than any one i know .he is the guy that got my dad into hunting , and me into it though my dad . a great friend . we are going a bit early so i can show him the property and find some good spots . he dose not have any were to hunt this year , so my dad and i have been haveing him hunt with us .i'm sure he will give me some tips , i hope at leat one of us gets one .

my dad and i have filled our doe tags today within minutes of each other . i have a picture that a friend that was with me took of her but i cant get it to mail off of the camera . i will have to try to get it to transfer with usb , it is a razor v3c , any one know haw to transfer it ? i will work at it as long as i can , but its geting knida late .

edit ::looks like i cant get it off the phone right now , will have to try to find some drivers of some kind to let the pc see the phone though usb . any way it was a 40 yards or , heart shot . she was runing until i make a barking sound , she stoped and i took aim and squezd the trigger .the shot passed right though the heart valve and atery she droped right there .after i shot the other deer she was with(did not see them)ran to my dad and he got one too . we had 2 friends with us the guy that got us into hunting and his 17 year old son . we took them over to his pole barn and prosesed them . he has all the stuff , vacum packer and meat grinder and kifes etc .took 2 hours for 2 deer . not to bad .

congrats on the deer

i have been reading your posts for a while

im fairly new to ML as well (3 years)

i tagged my 20th deer tonite (for my career) my 3rd ML deer in 3 yrs

i was just as excited today at 31 yrs old as i was at 12 for my 1st

I am assuming you still cannot get the smile off your face

JD

just send the pic to your e-mail, or as long as it's not verizon go to a place that has one of those picture kiosks and send it to the kiosk and make a cd. the razr should have blue tooth to do this. good luck

yes the smile is still there . i havent felt that great lately, sore throat and cough so i have not gone out a time or two when i had the chance . im glad i whent instead of siting home . . i have plans to got out tomorrow around 2:30 and to get a new doe tag . i will go if i fell up to it , but right now i fell crummy .

thanks guys . i cant seem to get the pic to email , it says the pic is to big ? its 554 kb and the phone can only send 400 . the resalution is set to high . i have found a program that can transfer cell phone pics to pc with usb . if i could only figure out the right settings .

CONGRATS :partyman:

To you and your dad way to go me and my wife ea, killed a doe opening day of our season , havent seen a nice buck yet just some 1.5 yr old 6 & 8 pts small

Youll have your dad shooting a ML soon!!!! :yeah:

RON G.

thanks , glad to hear you got a deer too .my dad usaly borrows a ml for ml season . i think last year he borrowed our friends knight bolt action inline of some kind .this year he is going to borrow his hawken cap lock i think . he wants to get one just dose not have the spare $$ right now .my ml is all i will ever hunt deer with after seeing it drop in its tracks .1 good shot is all you need .

finaly got the pic of that stupid phone , i had to send it to my sisters phone via blue tooth then email it to my self .
myfirstdeer.jpg

Am I reading the dates right? A year and a half later we get the photo? That's funny :lol: Makes me smile. Congrats on the deer and I hope you have been continuing to have fun with your ML. How did you do in 2008?

yup you read the dates right , i HATE that phone :) . i got another doe off hte same hill in 08 . we dont see many good shooter bucks out were i am , sadly a lot of people mistake the small ones for does :( .

Nice doe!! I'm guilty for mistaking a button buck for a doe, not proud of it, but it does happen. If I can make out any form of a button I'll let it pass, but sometimes the only way you can tell is when you roll them over. :oops:

yeah it dose happen and is a easy mistake , in fact my dad did it in 08 and was very upset . he even will look for small antlers before he shoots ,they were just to small and we did not relize it was a male until we rolled it over , i was the first to notice and he was no an then he looked and was liek oh crap .

Latest posts

Back