traditions e-bolt .45 project

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

Matthew_h

I traded a Stevens 22 i rarely used for a traditions e-bolt .45 . M fist muzzle loader thats not a .50 cal :) Its a nice little rifle with a clean 22 inch barrel . the nickel plate is is real good shape , cleaned right up with some metal polish/cleaner . I came up with a simple way to hopefully help keep the breech dry and the scope from getting scorched . i need to find a ramrod thimble and screw , and a pair of sights . seems most every used muzzle loader i get is missing the sights .

Any one got a pair of the cheapish plastic sights these came with ? i need something on there so i can shoot it until i can afford a scope .

Daman

Good looking rifle. Would exceptional with about a 33mm scope!

Good luck with the sights, if I had some I would send them to you --- but I don't.

Daman

FrontierGander

Staff member
Same here, if i had some sights you'd get them in a heart beat.

I had the Evolution which is basically the same gun and it was a shooter. I did have to reshape the nose of the stock because there was a ton of pressure on that section, but other other than, it was a good shooting rifle.

And a 45 to boot! You guys seem to want 45's more and more these days for some odd reason.

Matthew_h

its my first 45 , wanted to see how they shoot . in shure a full bore bullet will get the job done . i may just get a cheap silver bushnell or simons from natchez .

Matthew_h

got a nib Simmons 8 point 3-9x40 on clearance for $23 ,decent scope and should do just fine . traditions is out of ramrod thimbles for this rifle .any one have an idea of another that will work ?

Matthew_h

going to the range Wednesday ,I will see how it dose with what i have . not sure on a starting load , have pyrodex lose and some .45 pryodex pellets . hornaday xtp sabots i think , will have to check .

It bugs the heck out of me not having the ramrod thimble though :roll: cant find one . not sure were to look for one .

Matthew_h

got out shooting today , was too hot out barrel would not cool down . got it sighted in mostly . or at least real close

Matthew_h

i got it mainly for her to use for deer hunting, she had been using my old t/c thunder hawk . i will probably use it for coyote hunting though .

FrontierGander

Staff member
lol i agree, if thats your sister that ive seen before in some of your other posts, she'll take that e-bolt away from you and leave you there with your hands in your pockets, looking all sad :lol:

Matthew_h

i still cant find a ramrod thimble for this , nay one have some places i could look ? numrich didn't have one for this rifle and all the muzzle loader shops i have found online don't have it . traditions doe not even have it in stock.

FrontierGander

Staff member
check out ebay.

Is this the plastic bang that wraps around the barrel and screws on? CVA has a set up like that on the elkhorn.

Matthew_h

no its a screw on one thats threaded into the barrel . i checked ebay a while ago with no luck .

FrontierGander

Staff member
damn, how the heck can traditions not have any in stock?

You should try www.trackofthewolf.com and look for some ramrod thimble blanks. You could drill the holes into the blanks and find the correct thread size to attach the thimble.

Matthew_h

i don't know , they did say they will have some in a few weeks .

its a really small looking thimble and taller than most i have seen that screw on . that is a stock photo i found .

Latest posts