This year is coming to a close pt 2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
On to the more exciting stuff! All in all it really wasn't a great year for me, we had massive bush fires which wiped out a lot of my country but I did my best. I've never been a "must shoot a stag every year" kinda guy. I'm happy to wait years and in fact have done so to find something worth shooting. In the meantime watching younger stags and taking meat animals keeps me sane.

At any rate this is the year that was with me and my hunting partner/brother. Aside from local hunting we do all our trips together.
Here's 2014 in a nutshell

BP sambar
yqavu9un.jpg

My first black buck, heart shot at 498yds
umymyjum.jpg

Red hind I shot to mount beside my big red stag. My gsp Ellie's first solo recovery too.
ypu5ajyr.jpg

Patrick's monster 13 1/2" monster bull
tedy2yva.jpg

My 2014 bull
avy3uqys.jpg

My brothers big red, 7x8.
hanytyju.jpg

First kill in the bush with Ellie and first menil fallow, making him into a rug.
evujyza3.jpg

And the highlight, first BP kill!
4u4ery8u.jpg

All my personal hunting is diy free range. But I also do some guiding on some high fenced properties, here are some if those:

evynejy8.jpg

8e4a9eqa.jpg

7ybypequ.jpg

y3utepu2.jpg

This one I co-guided I spose you'd say, while I was learning the professional ropes, though I got to do pretty much all the work.
rebadedu.jpg

Congrads Jack! All fine Animals for sure. :yeah: Looks like you and your brother have a freezer full too. :D 8) That blondish Fallow will make a Beautiful rug!

Awesome critters :!: :!: :!: You've got to be living a dream :yeah:

Ray............ :wink:

Shawn we seem to be the freezer fillers for friends and family though so it disappears quicker than I can eat it!

Jeez hawgslayer I could say the same to you guys, I'd give anything for a whitetail, muley, elk, antelope or bear!

very impressive animals, and some beautiful dogs. I have considered getting a GSP for grouse hunting. We can't use them on big game, even for tracking. But they do make a good bird dog.

Thank you Cayuga, she's my best mate and hunting is a lot more fun with her around.
That is a shame, they're brilliant in the field hunting big game, Ellie is doing really well already and it's really more ethical. I would have lost that red deer if wasn't for her and I hate wasting meat!

Loves duck hunting but we're still going through a drought so never saw a single quail this year. Grouse hunting would be great I bet!

Definitely recommend one!

Congrats on the fantastic year! Truly an amazing assortment of big game you hunt across the pond.

I still do a double take every time you post a pic of your dog's next to big game. Not sure my lab would know what to do going after a deer.

Congrats on the fantastic year! Truly an amazing assortment of big game you hunt across the pond.

I still do a double take every time you post a pic of your dog's next to big game. Not sure my lab would know what to do going after a deer.

Back