This year is comin to a close

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
Sambar can have antler all year round but my passion in reds and fallow are all but over.
Went out hunting after work on Monday with my brother and finally got onto the big red stag I've been chasing with my muzzy. Unfortunately, he's just cast! So instead we watched him for an hour until dark and filmed him. He's a special stag for me, been chasing him for two years, got within 50m of him last year bow hunting but never got a shot, saw him twice this year as he was running away after having busted me in the bush. I don't know for sure but 7 years ago My brother and I snuck in to this mob of four young stags, all two and three year olds. One had a distinctive crab claw on his brow, we watched and waited for them to walk within 60m of us and when it came to shoot them I just couldn't do it. Was the first time I was so overwhelmed by love and respect for the animal that I just didn't want to shoot him. Well last year we found a cast 1km from where tht happened and wouldn't you know it we found the crab claw cast big old and heavy. I

I'd like to think the one I'm chasing now is the same one as he was feeding in the same paddock he did all those years ago.

This sort of stuff I why I truly love hunting, and in many ways I hope I never catch up to him ;)

So now it's over to you guys an I'll be watching you're hunting seasons with mxh excitement, good luck.

Very dodgy pic of the cast stag (top left near grassy horizon)
byjatyne.jpg

Re: This year is comin to a close

Very cool story. I hope one day you do put your tag on him. Be a good close to a nice journey.

Latest posts

Back