This feels like deer hunting weather....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
30 degrees at 7:30 this morning with a brisk 22 mph wind, gusting higher, and tiny pin-pricks of some sort of moisture bouncing off my bald head. A buddy and I had planned to grab the boat and extend our crappie season a bit but we both agreed that today was not going to be the day.

As in the past, I plan to be on the deer stand an hour before sunrise and also plan to stay the day, but with this crap wind and being my 56th deer season I might cut things short if this wind persists. I can handle a breeze, but this 20-30mph crap every day all day is getting tiresome. I hunt an elevated stand that is covered and has sidewalls at 36" but basically, it's an open stand. A little rain or snow is fine IF the wind behaves and my hunting clothes are designed for cold so under most conditions I'm fine. But this friggin wind......

Yes it does, would have taken off work today, but wind was high. I have some buddies out this morning- pics were decent from last night so curious to see what the movement is like this morning (in N IL).

I hate hunting on windy days. Deer hunker down usually and don't move.
Can't blame them, wind messes up their senses. If the wind lays down it's a great time to be out.
Wind chill isn't much fun either!

Nice and cool here in southeast Oklahoma this morning. About 50, with a light wind.
It's a pleasant change. Been pretty warm all month.
Being sick and the warm weather has kept me out of the deer woods so far.
We got our first frost coming for tomorrow morning.
I hope to go out out with the crossbow tomorrow or Wednesday.
Muzzleloader season starts Saturday morning. Can't wait.

I hate hunting on windy days. Deer hunker down usually and don't move.
Can't blame them, wind messes up their senses. If the wind lays down it's a great time to be out.
Wind chill isn't much fun either!
Great time to try and sneak up on one though. I can’t seem to sit still much more than an hour. Cold, windy days during gun deer season make me smile!

Latest posts

Back