The reason I suspect my CVA was cheap.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Kentucky

Reaction score
So I got my CVA Kentucky from my LGS for a good price for Australia. When I first fired it, I got a misfire. Pulled the load and cleaned her out, the flash hole was clogged. Next firing attempt worked. Put some PRB's through it as well as some Lee R.E.A.Ls which were crazy tight and gritty sounding to load. So I scrubbed the bore as best I could but it still looked dirty. Purchased a brand new Hoppes bronze brush today, gave her a good scrub and poured this out of the barrel. I reckon Previous owner used it til it got so dirty it stopped working then offloaded it. I know who get the better deal at the end of the day.!20230819_115552.jpg

Do a lee shaver cleaning on it. Other guys dump some cleaner (cant remember the name) let it sit over night and scrub it out. It will at least clean all the crud and rust out. Then it will be as clean as it will get.
I tried some carburettor cleaner, that worked ok but once I got a nice new bronze brush (only had swabs untl then) it was happy days.!

They definitely come up here and there, the few in Aus that do use BP know quality and snap them up very quickly is all.

I can’t remember if I asked, what part of Aus are you in?

Latest posts

Back