Just got a new T/C Encore Pro-Hunter...now,.. what barrel?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefo1

Reaction score
Just completed a nice trade...got rid of one of my 22-250's & received a new in the box Pro-Hunter rifle frame with the flex camo stocks. Got a few months to pick out a barrel & would like to hear some first hand experience from you guys,..26"? - 28"? Thompson, Bergara? Thanks everyone!

Hello Jefo1,

I would get an Encore Endeavor 28 inch muzzleloader barrel with the Speed Breech since you are just starting out with a frame. You will then basically have the Encore Endeavor muzzleloader. The new Speed Breech is removable by hand with no need for tools. A Pro-Hunter muzzleloader needs a tools but it will come out after only rotating in 90 degrees. An original Encore muzzleloader barrel has a beech that needs a tool like a socket wrench to completely back out the breech plug. There isn?t too much price difference between a Pro-Hunter barrel and an Endeavor barrel but it going to depend on what breech style you prefer as far as cleaning and money you want to spend. Bergara barrels will be somewhat cheaper but you can really beat the TC quality and how they are backed.

Curtis

I have a new Encore Endeavor, it is superb. I recommend it. Topped with a Nikon Omega scope and shooting the SW250 and 120 gr BH the 250 yd circle is right on and I can sit at the bench rest and consistant hit the 6 inch gong when there is no wind to speak of.

I agree with these gentlemen. I would definitely get the Endeavor barrel.

Back