The deer gods shined on me this weekend!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a liitle luck in the gun season in Illinios this weekend. Made a long shot on this buck, 22 or 23 yards. (I'd rather be lucky than good any day.) Happened to be sitting aginst the right tree at the right time.
th_17499402.jpg
[/url]
[/img][/url] This is my second deer . The first one was Friday morning ( a button buck ) then this one Saturday morning. Couldn't be happier except I might have to buy a new house to keep the wife happy so I can hang this one. Oh well a mans got to do what a mans got ot do. (Keep the wife happy so he can go hunting )

Ah...thanks. That is an awesome buck! Congratulations! Did you get a rough score on him?

WOW! Comgrats on a great buck!!! :shock: :mrgreen: :yeah: :applause: :prayer:

I just got the house... now I need one of those!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Really nice deer there dog! What did you shoot him with?

Sorry about the pic. :oops: I didn't now it would to that if you erased it off the other site. Here it is again.
d379f5f0.jpg
[/img] :D
Sheephunter,
No rough score yet but I'm going to try. :?
6x6,
Of course I used the ML II that is laying across his chest. It was stuffed with 42G of 5744 with a MMP black sabot and a 250G xtp on top. I had a quartering forward shot. The bullet entered the front edge of the left shoulder and stop under the hide by the 9th rib back on the right side.
Deer went about 50 yards (20 across the top of a field and 30 down a valley that I couldn't see so some of the 30 could have been a roll.)
[/img]
100_0131.jpg
:D

Awesome buck there, Dog! That's every deer hunter's dream right there! :prayer:

Finally rough scored the buck. I came up with 168 4/8s but it would have plenty of deductions (16 to 20"s).Not sure how to score right G2/G3. Still its a wall hanger in my book.

Latest posts

Back