T/C Shockwave sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN NUT

Reaction score
I bought some of these in 50 cal to try in Traditions rifle 1/28 twist using 452 cast lead bullet 240 gr the 50 yard group was more like a shotgun pattern about 2 feet with 60 to 70 to 80 to 90 grains Goex 2 f this gun stacks maxi balls into a cloverleaf at that distance So my question is has anyone used these with any success This was the worst accuracy I have ever seen

We’re they yellow or black sabots? I use sabots and they add another issue to finding an accurate load . Size and length of bullet overall diameter of sabot and bullet fit of bullet in sabot . There can be a lot going on

Two foot group at 50 yards?! WOW! I’ve never seen dispersion that bad either!!! Obviously your barrel doesn’t like that bullet/powder combo. If it isn’t close to an inch or better at 50, I personally move on to other options.

They work fine in every 28 twist rifle I’ve tried them in. The standard blacks tend to be slightly more accurate for me than the superglides (yellow).

I used to shoot them with their Shockwave bullets and they shot great, eventually I switched to Crush Rib sabots to make it easier for my daughters to load.

We’re they yellow or black sabots? I use sabots and they add another issue to finding an accurate load . Size and length of bullet overall diameter of sabot and bullet fit of bullet in sabot . There can be a lot going on
Yellow with only 2 slits in the side I cut 2 more slits in some I will try next time I think maybe they were not separating from the bullet soon enough They are advertised for heavy charges but mine were not heavy. The sabots were found about 30 feet from firing line which I think is to far away

Latest posts

Back