T/C High Plains Sporter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill_N

Reaction score
I've been wanting another caplock and always liked this model, although they're hard to find I was able to grab one off GB a while back in 50 caliber. It has an aftermarket ramrod which I'd like to replace with a OEM version and I'd like to put a peep sight on it. Does anyone have a 25" T/C ramrod or a model 7197 tang peep sight they'd be willing to part with?

tQ1ixxe.jpg

McObsrG.jpg

Last edited:
It has a round barrel like a New Englander. I thought about mounting a Williams peep on the barrel which would require drilling and tapping. Has anyone done this? I had a Firehawk that was D&T'd for scope mounts and I was able to mount a peep on it.

B0mfx8B.jpg

I went on their website but don't see any pics or options for the breech plug sight. I do like the fact that it's attached to the barrel/plug rather than the tang but it doesn't look very strong.

I went on their website but don't see any pics or options for the breech plug sight. I do like the fact that it's attached to the barrel/plug rather than the tang but it doesn't look very strong.
Look for the "Low Pro" sight. I have mounted them on several Renegade barrels with no problems. The sight can only be adjusted for elevation. Horizontal movement would have to be with the front sight.

It has a round barrel like a New Englander. I thought about mounting a Williams peep on the barrel which would require drilling and tapping. Has anyone done this? I had a Firehawk that was D&T'd for scope mounts and I was able to mount a peep on it.

B0mfx8B.jpg
I have. I’ve used the TC tang sights and the Williams on mine and I’m a big fan. I’m currently using a .40 caliber Hoyt barrel on mine. Sweet shooter…

Back