6 X 6.NULA vs Savage MLII

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
6 x 6 I know you have both and wanted your opinion.Is the cost of the NULA worth the extra?I have a Savage that I have been somewhat please with.groups 300 XTP around 1.5-2 inches,but the fit and finish is not up to par.I have a Browning A-Bolt and Tikka T-3,how would the fit,finish and function of your NULA's compare.This is not a Savage bash as I haverested four deer this year with the Savage ML.How hard is clean up with the NULA vs the Savage.Thanks for any help.

Worth the extra money? Heck yes and I think most would agree! You are getting a custom bedded action right out of the box. A REALLY good shooting 10ML-II will shoot right with it after having the stock/action bedded..about half of the 10ML-IIs out there are really good shooters though.

Fit and finish is exactly what you would expect on a $1300 gun. VERY good!

Clean up is a BREEZE!

Only downfall I see is the amout of time it takes before you get your gun.. Seems like it's about a year wait now.

Actually they are full lenght bedded... at least mine is..

How long is the wate for a NULA 209 right now? Just for the sake of argument.

opps sorry did not read your last line of post. A whole year!!! wow.

I sent my deposit in at the end of December, after talking at length to Mel. He told me six months at that time. I don't want to hear about a year long wait! :wall: I was hoping to have the rifle ready for this year's deer seasons. I hope so................

I was told 6 month's as well, ordered mine in January..

It seems like there are four or five of us here who have a NULA 209 on order. Maybe we should band together and "demand" ( :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: ) that Mel stick to the 6 month promise delivery date! LOL! Dang! If he reads this, mine won't appear until 2010! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of the 20+ custom rifles I have ordered over the past 10 years, only 2 have been delivered on time or early. They all have a tendency to under estimate completion times. There can be many factors involved.....parts and material delays..... but I think the major two reasons are overbooking rifle orders in relation to amount of skilled smiths in the shop and turnover of said skilled employees. I now only use one man operations.....I know he will be performing all of the fabrication on my custom build, no some build where there may be multiple people working one gun. NULA makes a fine MZ but have to realize that the vast majority of their business are centerfires. Be patient those of you that have ordered, you will not be disappointed, all good things come to those who wait.

It's worth the wait... You should all set y our calandars to about 9 months. At the end of 6 call Melvin and get an update.

I had the same issue when I ordered my gun. I spoke with Melvin several times and he was aware of when I needed the gun.. When I ordered it I had a few months to spare. As it turned out, the rifle was going to be late... I called Melvin several times and finally insisted I needed it before my hunt.

Melvin came through and I had my gun for the hunt..

The key is to communicate often, be real in your requests and be fair. I think Melvin has been overwhelmed with the success of his MZ .. If you are going to take delivery of your gun before hunting season, let it ride and you will not be let down.

I ordered mine the end of January and was told 6 months, but a phone call two weeks before was told around 9 month wait and I believe that is probably closer to the truth.

Anyway, Doohan is right. Start calling at the end of the 6 month period and just how Mel responds. As long as I can get mine about late October, I will be very happy.

Latest posts

Back