Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire100

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions on a scope. I have a Nikon Omega BDC on my T/C Triumph, but I am thinking of a scope for my CVA Accura. Any suggestions/opinions?

A top end lower pwr scope I like is the vari-x-III 1.75-6, maybe $320 slightly used. A lower cost option that I actually have on my Knight is a Burris FF 2-7 with the BP reticle. The Burris can be found in the $150 ball park. Just a few ideas. I've been thinking of moving one of my 1.75-6 pwr scopes for M-L duty. I also remind myself that gear alone does not make the hunt.

I really like the burris full fields i have a 2x7 that has performed flawless , think i paid 160.00 , i just bought a bushnell elite (only because it was a good deal) i dont have it mounted yet but looks pretty good , although i dont think its as bright as my burris. just some thoughts.

I just bought a Millet DMS for my Accura, but I have a Leupold 2-7x32 on my shotty that is one hell of a great scope.

Works fine for me like any other scope. To be honest, I never shot out past 150 yds with my ML so cant say whether or not the BDC really works. My Triumph seems to shoot better with 100grs as opposed to 150grs and the BDC says to use 150.

I have a couple of Burris Fullfield II's, 3-9x40 with bastiplex. I really like them. You can usually pick them up new on ebay for $150, might have to wait till after Christmas to get at that price though.

Mabe try the Nikon Omega scope without the BDC ?? I have one mounted on my TC Omega and really like it.

Natchez usually has the Non-bdc's omegas for 140.00.

Some of the best value I've found is the Nikon Monarch series. Good quality and quite affordable. I like 2-7x32 for my ML and slug gun.

Lots of good choices these days, though. Hard to go wrong.

I use the bushnell trophy with multiX reticle on my optima elite and it works very well. Bought it thru cabelas so if anyting ever goes wrong i just send it back to them. Its easy to adjust, has great glass, can see great even after sunset and it just as accurate as any high end out there.
And the best part is i didn't spend a rediculous amount of money on it.
cabelas has them on clearance right now for 80 bucks. Like it so well i just bought another for the 243 barrel.

Back