Split Fire Blacktail hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no expert on this but I think that is a White Rifle. It sure looks like a White Rifle. And I think they made a BlackTail model. But I would not swear to it. The reason I think it is a White is the twist. Or it might be a White knock off. Either way they are a great rifle and will shoot large conical bullets excellent. I wonder if it is a .504 caliber? They say .50 but White will report them as a .504

i have the 2000 MTI catalog and it shows the blacktail hunter it retailed for $649.95 back then.white has gone thru some name changes over the years spitfire is just another one.
the gun described in the post is the same as the catalog,so i'm gunna say yes it's a white gun.
the blacktail only comes in 504 cal where as the whitetail comes in both 45 and 50,also the blacktail is either lazer engraved with a elk or deer on the stock,and it is teflon coated.
so thier you go

Whitetails also came in .410 caliber, I have one. The Blacktails are named that because of the blackice teflon coating which is much better and easier to clean than stainless.

UC, the website opens for me, $490 reduced price, laminate stock.

TT in my catalog they only list a 45 and 50 and your right cuss i got a 410 whitetail to :oops:

Thanks Guys. I thought they might be Whites or at least a copy. I have never seen one or handled one personally, just saw some pictures here. They show that they have both rifles in 50. They are in the Clearance or Bargin Bin section of the site.

ShawnT

You won't be dissappointed if you buy one. The only problem with them is once you buy one, you'll be buying another one shortly there after.

Ask any White owner and they'll tell ya.

I have 4 of them myself. :D

I still can't open that site. Sabotloader emailed me a page and part of that made it - but I started getting weird script errors on the page so I dumped the email.

No big deal, but I do think there is something wrong with their coding.

Have tried from multiple browsers on two operating systems. Can't get there from here.

No, I'm not really interested. Just thought it was odd that something is preventing me from accessing that site. Must be my ISP. Weird.

Back