Speed of this load

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foo

Reaction score
I went out to the farm today to sight in my new (to me) 45 Knight Elite, I am so pleased. This is the first time I've used BH , and I have no idea how fast my loads are, no crony. The loads were all 100gr BH, and win 209 primers.I was shooting Barnes 195 expanders, Tan mmp sabot, and Harvester blue CR sabot. 200 gr Hornady SST, both blue and tan sabots. and 200gr XTP's , blue and tan sabots. The tan sabots were harder to seat than the blue CR's of course. Sighted in at 100yds, the group for the blue CR's were about 1.5 in lower but were still a 1in group at 100, at 200 3.5in group with a 6in drop for the tan sabots and 7.5 to 8 for the blue CR's with a 2 to 2.5in 3 shot group. The XTP's group was about 5 in and 8 to 9 in lower than the POA at 200. I was just wondering was the speed of these pills was they seemed faster than black or the subs I usually shoot. Thanks Steve for the great deal, the deer will be in trouble this weekend in Meigs county.

Probably a little over 2100fps with the SST and tan MMP load. Good luck!!

Try Twanger's chart I just posted and see how close it comes to that 2100 fps estimate.

I would guess maybe a little less than that- 2,000 - 2,050 fps, but the only way to be 100% sure is with a chrono.

Back