Son does it again!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomtek44

Reaction score
Not a ML story but this guy really makes me proud. He has never missed a deer and killed his first at age 11. He is 18 now, an honor student and 4 year wrestling letterman.

I posted his VA ML success pictures yesterday. This past Friday the wind was howling. He decided to go to our Outhouse blind to watch one of the foodplots. I had tagged out so I was video man.

At 6:43 AM Walker said he saw a deer entering the field and thought it was a buck. I leaned forward and glanced out the slightly open side window with my Leupold binoculars and saw a great looking buck crossing the field at 100 yards +. Walker nestled into the shooting sticks. Still too little light for the video camera, so I was locked onto the binoculars. Just as he reached the far edge of the field, I bleated very loud....he locked up, turned his head and locked onto the blind.....Walker's Remington 700 .243 sent an 85 grain Speer handload on its 116 yard journey. The buck's shoulders sagged and he aboutfaced and sprinted back acorss the field, hitting the brush with a full head of steam. We marked the spot and headed out. We were looking for blood at the edge and Walker shouted, "There he is". It was a great moment of thanks, hugging, and high fiving. He is a perfect 10 pointer with 7 inch 2's, 6 inch 3's, and one inch 4's. The spread was 17.5 inches and he dressed 130 pounds. The off shoulder was broken and we recovered fragments of the bullet against the skin.

We stayed put til 9:30 and I headed out to get the 4-wheeler. On the way back at 10:40 I heard another crack and Walker had dropped a nice doe at about 90 yards.

What a great time for a man to share with his son!

DSC01909.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

Thanks,

bomtek44

deer

Deer everywhere! Great Job, now start toting those carcasses off the mountain!

That is freaking awesome!!!! Wish I can get my boy a little more interested. Great memories.

Bomtek great looking deer for southwest Va. I like seeing those type being that I myself am from southwest Va. Great Job.

Latest posts

Back