Ole Thunder is Loaded

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCS

Reaction score
Well, "Ole Thunder" is loaded and ready to shoot a doe......it stays loaded till New Years..............or when shot. Tag the barrel "LOADED" and the capper hangs off the ram rod, ready to use.

Used my buck tags with my pistol............yea, kind of bragging :twisted:

Any way..........the ole rifled .73 cal Under Hammer is loaded with a round ball and waiting.........

One more problem......................the FREEZER is FULL :wink:

I have two weeks at Christmas to make jerky and sausages :p

Doe hunting may have to wait till after Christmas :idea:

I have yet to see a deer where I live. Our DNR pushed doe shooting for years claiming the herd was too large. And like good venison loving people, we slaughtered the doe. Now all of the locals are complaining that they see no deer. You're lucky to have a good doe herd. Just don't let your DNR talk you into shooting it off like they done to us.

Dave,

500 acres on the north side of the swamp is now private, it use to be open to the public...............the south side has always be no doe shooting......now that the deer have plenty of protection........they are doing well, I shoot one every other year or so...............

We do have coyotes and plenty of them now!

I may try calling some in this winter.

BCS

Luck to you an Old Thunder - but i bet when that .73 Thunder speaks it gets yer attent chunn...

One more problem......................the FREEZER is FULL

Ya I bet that is a real tuff problem... wish I could say the same - got a 3x3 whitetail earlier in the month but I need an elk to fill the freezer...

Our DNR won't admit it, but we have accused them of giving in to the political pressure from the insurance companies. We have a 12 deer limit of which 10 can be antlerless. I only take one to three deer a year depending on how full my freezer is.

Latest posts

Back