Simmons Aetec on a Sav MLII?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatland hunter

Reaction score
I sent in a Simmons Whitetail Classic under warranty and because they have had it (Bushnell CS) since July they gave me my choice of scope in the Simmons line. So I chose the Aetec Master Series 4-14x44mm Side Focus Mil-Dot reticle... hinted about switching over to the Bushnell Elite 3200 line but he didn't bite.

Anyway, anyone use an Aetec on their MLII? It will still have a Lifetime Warranty so if the MLII trashes it no problem but I hope it doesn't... would love to have a Mil Dot on it. It currently has an Elite 3200 3-9x40. I plan on hunting with the 3200 first season but will swap maybe between seasons.

Thanks!

To further brag on Bushnell CS...

I got caught in the transfer of CS departments when Bushnell bought Simmons... called Simmons CS and they said can't help you, should have called last week, call Bushnell CS. Called Bushnell sent everything in end of June and have been checking it online and patiently waiting since.

Last night I check online and my Repair # is not valid! What!! I call to check over the phone and the automated system says it has been shipped!?! Get a live person (Joe) and he checks on it and says, The WTC line is being phased out, we won't be getting any in it looks like. What would you like instead? I see similar mag ranges in Aetec, Pro-Hunter... I stop him there and say, Aetec and could I go the next mag range up? Sure. Sure? Yes. YES! What reticle would you like? The Truplex is fine, non-illuminated. OK, I see there is a mil-dot... Can I have the mil-dot? Sure, let me make sure it is in stock... Yes, we have it. Thanks, Joe! It will ship tomorrow. THANKS, JOE!!!

So, I have a Master Series Aetec 4-14x44mm Side-Focus Mil-Dot reticle coming! I have liked the thought of an Aetec for a long time, but never took the chance on one but seeing as how they are going to hand me one... why not? If it doesn't work on the MLII I can always put it on my BDL Rem 700 .243...

I have

always heard decent review about them.

I do like my 3200 elite though. :)

I have one on my Encore Endeavor and I really like. It was actually on my 7mm-08 pro hunter for two years and I just put it on the Endeavor about two months ago. It's the second one I ave owned and both of them have been great scope. I stilll have both of them. The other one is just sitting in the box right now though. I guess I need to get another gun to put in on. Neither one of these are the Master series. I boughtthem before they came out with the Master series of scopes. Still an Aetec though.

Thanks! I look forward to trying it on the Sav... thought I might put it no between deer seasons but don't know.

Back