25acp or variflame

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you for the pictures.i do not know the material of barrel,i guess it is steel with weathershield coating.rifle is omega z5 50cal.im going to clean barrel tonight as im off to the range this morning.i cant wait :D

I have no experience with the .25 conversion.

I tried to use the Variflame adapters but had terrible results. Basically, I had a lot of hangfires and several instances where the primer never went off. It probably is a firing pin issue with my rifle - there were small dents in the primers, but no ignition. But I was getting 2 out of every 3 shots to be a hangfire- so I gave up quickly.

Anyone ever tried the 25 ACP conversion on a CVA/Winchester type breach plug?

I noticed they had them now. I strongly prefer BH209 but it is interesting.

any of you guys know where to get some new 25acp brass?

I searched for new .25 ACP brass for some time. Always out of stock.
I ended up finding once fired brass from various shooting forums in the classified sections.
If you go that route, you will need resizing dies to resize the cases before putting new primers in.
The used cases expand when fired from a gun and some were difficult to extract from my breech plug. After resizing the first time I didn't need to resize them again after firing them. The primers alone do not cause the cases to expand.
Hope this helps.

Superglide said:
where can I get the 25acp bp conversion?

last fall i found it everywhere . should be some floating back in after a while .

Latest posts

Back