Sharon rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up a flintlock with no markings on it anywhere.after several hours of online searching.i believe I found what it is...it's a 54cal Sharon trade rifle from the mid-late 70's...I took it out to the range today and it shoot great.and is very accurate....from what little I was able to read on the web.its a good rifle....does anyone here have any experience with these....good or bad ??

I just picked up a flintlock with no markings on it anywhere.after several hours of online searching.i believe I found what it is...it's a 54cal Sharon trade rifle from the mid-late 70's...I took it out to the range today and it shoot great.and is very accurate....from what little I was able to read on the web.its a good rifle....does anyone here have any experience with these....good or bad ??
I don't personally but the name is known for quality any pics ??

Yeah I like it.all I've taken it apart.the barrel is a Sharon and the lock is a L&R. But no where have i been able to find out if Sharon made a flintlock..all I can find are caplock. But he did use L&R locks...so I believe someone converted this one to flint.

I have a Sharon 50 cal barrel that is a drop in barrel for a TC Hawken…It’s a 32“ deep groove 1:66 twist and is an exceptional round ball shooter…

Sharon rifles always had a really good reputation for quality and accuracy, as I recall about 50 years ago back in the 70's. They were quite a bit more expensive than most other offerings on the market at that time, so I never had the money to be able to own one, but sure would like to have had one! The Sharon Hawken and the Ithaca Hawken rifles were the two I fancied the most, both highly desirable at that time and equally out of reach for me then! Treasure what you now have, you lucky dog!

My dad bought a Sharron drop in for gun back in the 70s was a good shooter. has not been out in years? may have to give it a try?
I have a couple of those Sharon drop in barrels. They made them for TC and Investarms rifles. Great barrels and as far as I know they only offered round ball twist rates.

Back