sabot fit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way Semi outlined it sounds good to me. I think you could add one more step. The point at which you want to get a big wood club to help it down.
There is an other question implicit it what is being said; Mike uses 777 and I use Blackhorn in the inlines. There are reasons for a difference in loading different powders in my opinion using black or pyrodex wad pressure does not affect the performance of the powder as long as the bullet is seated against the powder. I am not real sure about 777, I had best results with it using a fairly snug combination that would hold some wad pressure, but with Blackhorn I had to go to a little tighter combination and put it down hard on the powder for best results. It makes a difference in velocity and in accuracy if you drop below a certain level. I also believe that a lot of people would find out that they are applying more pressure than they think; I was surprised when I rigged up a scale to the range rod.

Back