Knight T-Bolt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flint head

Reaction score
Was there ever a 209 conversion for this gun? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but A guy brought one of these to my Pa in law to help out with. I really don't know why he is concerned out spending money on the gun because it looks like there is about three years worth of Pyrodex residue in the barrel... :roll:

Yes, there was. Knight sent my step-Brother two conversion kits for his two T-bolts. I don't know if you could still get the kits or not... call 'em.

All it is is a domed firing pin which some were shipped from the factory with and a breech plug which is the same as the bighorn uses. I was told the domed firing pin will set off both primers and caps and that the later tbolts shipped with them even if they were configured to shoot caps.

I was told that Knight has a Breech Plug that they used in their .52 Cal gun. The Knight site says that it can also be used in their Disc Extreme .45 & .50 Cal guns. It is for use with loose powder only. The Breech has a long stem that looks lioke it goes up the barrel. I was also told that it takes a Percusion Cab rather than a 209 primer...... That doesn't seem right if your trying to light loose powder (BH209). Has anyone done this chasnge to this new breech plug?

wishtofish said:
I was told that Knight has a Breech Plug that they used in their .52 Cal gun. The Knight site says that it can also be used in their Disc Extreme .45 & .50 Cal guns. It is for use with loose powder only. The Breech has a long stem that looks lioke it goes up the barrel. I was also told that it takes a Percusion Cab rather than a 209 primer...... That doesn't seem right if your trying to light loose powder (BH209). Has anyone done this chasnge to this new breech plug?

The Power Stem breech plug, and it uses the 209 primer in a Red Full Plastic Jacket. Not reliable with BH209 however.

Busta said:
wishtofish said:

The Power Stem breech plug, and it uses the 209 primer in a Red Full Plastic Jacket. Not reliable with BH209 however.

That is the info I'm getting also avbout the BH209 in the Knight using the "Power Stem" Breech Plug. I found this report:

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/Technical5.html

They were testing 3 different Breech Plugs in the Knight Extreme Disc Rifles. I don't think mine is the "Domed" plug they are referring to. I think mine has the hole in the front (business end) of the plug. I'm shooting mine tommorrow so I'll pay closer attention while cleaning it.

I'm going to try shooting the BH209 after the season. I'm sticking to the 777 this year.

The Michigan Firearm Season starts Sunday (Nov. 15). In the lower 1/3 of the state we have to use a shotgun, muzzleloader or handgun. Later in the year (Dec.) we have a "Muzzleloading" only season. Even later (Xmas) we have a "Anlerless only" season on Private Land with the same options as the regular firearm season.

Latest posts

Back