Report on Knights NEW Ultimate Slam Rifle/Bolt/Breech Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great report! Thanks for the link Busta :)

When Toby see's what us 45 guys have been doing with 130g of BH209 and the 200g Shockwave/SST, he's gonna crap his pants 8)

Can't wait till He reports back on 150g of BH and 200g Shockwave's doing about 2700-2750 fps and 1.5 - 2 inch groups at 100yards :shock: 8) :wink:

I REALLY Hope that Knight will bring out the Ultra Slam in Fast Twist 45cal...Yea Baby :D

Thanks for posting that Busta. It would be interesting to see what the fouling is like in the breech. Hard to complain about the small amount generated by the non-FPJ plug and adapter but the new bolt looks to be a significant change.

Re: Report on Knights NEW Ultimate Slam Rifle/Bolt/Breech Pl

Busta said:
Looks like Toby has one of the new toys. He has shot loads up to 150 grains BH209 out of it.

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/NewProducts6.html

There's actually 13 of them floating around at different places. I'm amazed how long it takes to shoot and report new products. The NAHC has one as well, i couldnt find any reports. Thanks for the update Busta

look's like it has the 2 safety on it :shock: :shock: other than the breech plug and the bolt look's like the disc extreme :shock: :shock: thanks WORM :shock:

man that stock is pure win....
Knight_EUS_Action_CU_-_Web.jpg

looks exactly like the stocks on my 700 MTN LSS rifles...

I believe Grouse said Knight would offer conversions to retro fit ... but not before the new rifle is available for sale ( around May).

Knight would lose out on some new rifle sales... but I bet they would sell a ton of conversions. I'd buy one. :wink:

Rob

My question is why Toby didn't try the new bolt/plug combo in his LRH? From what I gathered, he just put the new plug in and tried that with the NFPJ bolt and said it was a no go.

lane
now don't encourage them to make that in a 45, I don't need a bolt action but I might get one any way if they do that. Lee

What do you guys think. The Knight Ultimate Slam or the Savage 10ML BP?

If i understand the article, the new plug won't fit the LRH because the new plug is .065 inch longer. It appears in the picture that the threaded area is the part that is longer. The real advantage appears to be in the flash hole and flash channel plus the primer fire is more directed into the charge. Also not having a domed surface helps too. If the non FPJ conversion had the same design, it would be an improvement since it too directs fire into the charge. I hope that Knight does offer a conversion for my LRH and Elite. After a hangfire last season, I'm very apprenhensive about BH209. Switching to CCI magnum primers seems to have helped, but i haven't shot enough with them. Time will tell.

Hulions said:

Uh...I'm ready for the Savage 10 ML Smokeless myself. I been gettin my mouth all set for one an now Knight is confusing my pocketbook!

Hulions

I am wondering about the same thing... but to me I want to know the weight of each... If I remember the Savage is fairly heavy.

The only thing that worries me about the Savage is that it's only made for Cabela's. Does that meen that parts will be hard to get or they might become discontinued more quickly if Cabelas quits selling them. Like breech plugs etc.... I really ;ike the looks of the gun and it looks like a real shooter. I just don't want to get one and the Ultimate Slam come out and wish that I had waited. I definitely can't have both. I just got an Endeavor this year. I think my wife would kill me.

Hulions said:

Look guy's, if your wanting to shoot BH209 it's a very easy decision. Buy a Triumph, or a Knight Disc Elite with the concave breech plug. You will be alot happier at the end of the day. The new Knight Super Slam sounds better then all the above. Knight will have a conversion for the Disc Elite and Extreme models. Knight says no blow back at all. That is true in the Vision plug they sent me to test. It worked flawlessly. And 100% clean.

Back