Remington Genesis

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windfall

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the Remington Genesis Muzzleloaders. Are they any good?

Thats the one with the breech that flips to the side? I dont think it was too well received. And i believe it was discontinued pretty quickly, 1 or 2 years only. Ive never heard how well the shot or even if Remington even made it, or had it built by some other foreign builder. It only came in .50 afaik.

Do a search here in MM, there were a few folks years back that used them. Cayuga (RIP) had one and liked it. I have two Traditions versions (Yukon) where the breech dropped down vice to the side. Both versions were made by Ardesa in Spain. Blowback is a pain in my version, maybe with Cheddite primers it won't be but haven't tried them. CVA Wolf is better.

Do a search here in MM, there were a few folks years back that used them. Cayuga (RIP) had one and liked it. I have two Traditions versions (Yukon) where the breech dropped down vice to the side. Both versions were made by Ardesa in Spain. Blowback is a pain in my version, maybe with Cheddite primers it won't be but haven't tried them. CVA Wolf is better.
Came across one for sale, probably could get it for a couple hundred dollars. Wondering if it’s worth it?

Bought my first new. About 150 or so,second one off of gunbroker for 90 bucks plus 30 bucks for shipping. Not worth two hundred maybe 125 if in decent shape. Just my opinion.

The Remington Genesis was the first inline I ever owned. This was after a review done by our departed member Cayugad. I considered it a fairly good rifle and it shot well and as I recall was pretty inexpensive. I believe it was about $150. If you can get one in good shape go for it. I wouldn't pay more then $100 for one though.

The Remington Genesis was the first inline I ever owned. This was after a review done by our departed member Cayugad. I considered it a fairly good rifle and it shot well and as I recall was pretty inexpensive. I believe it was about $150. If you can get one in good shape go for it. I wouldn't pay more then $100 for one though.
Yeh, they want $290, so I’m out unless they come down.

Good call Windfall. They're good rifles but not worth that much!
If it comes down in price I might change my mind. I want to start collecting some of the more obscure guns out there, even some that weren’t very popular.

I had the same one 10+ years ago. Bought it out of the Bass pro catalog for 100.00 after the mail in rebate. Never could get it to shoot right.

Latest posts

Back